Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Reflections on Luke 24:13-27

There are many passages where I sit back and think, "I wish I could have been there. I would have liked to have seen that." This is one of those passages. The teacher in me loves it just as much as the perennial student in me. Imagine having the Son himself take the time to explain all of the old book in light of who He is and His powerful work. This was resurrection morning! I would think He had places to go, people to see,and moments in which to reveal Himself! And yet here were two men, trying to figure it out. I can almost picture them stumbling along the path. There is a moment of frustration from the teacher - o foolish ones and slow of heart! - and yet a love so great that nothing was more important than sitting down, slowing down and making sure Cleopas and his buddy understood the most essential thing in life. I wish I could have been in on that lesson - how it would have blown away our human commentaries and insights. I'm thankful for every teacher I've had along the way - formal and informal - explaining things to me from Moses and the all the prophets. But I can only imagine the awe and wonder left with those two men that day upon receiving a lesson from the greatest teacher of all.

Blessings to you on this weekend of hope and joy!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your thoughts about being tutored by the Master Teacher that special day. It made me excited as I envisioned it. Your words were much more thought provoking than the short one delivered by a very formal, but liberal gent we heard this a.m.

    ReplyDelete