Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, February 28, 2011

Back in the Swing of Things

So, I've been on holiday for the past six weeks. Somewhere in my mind this became a holiday from communication - including this blog. Was it because I lacked poigniant thoughts on life? Probably not.Was it because I was back in the States and figured my life there was less interesting? Perhaps. Was it because I was just a little distracted? Definitely. See picture of said distraction below:



But now I am back in Lhasa and getting a fast wake-up call to real life here and all the little luxuries I've taken for granted the past 6 weeks. There's a curious new leak in the bathroom, my hands, skin, throat and nose all completely dried out and became sore within the first 12 hours and I'm back to coaxing out just enough hot water to wash my hair upside down in the bathtub. The dizziness of the altitude combined with jet lag has me interested in little else besides napping in the sun. But, today has been productive. I did some grocery shopping and was rewarded with a free bottle of peanut flavored milk for having spent over 15 dollars at the checkout. I made some yellow rice and black beans for a friend and I for lunch. I washed a load of linens now drying in the sun themselves. And I got completely unpacked...which included cleaning up leaking items and distressing over a broken item in my suitcase thanks to the thugs at China Eastern Airlines. (I can't blame it on Delta, they're Atlantans!).

I'm here in my apartment, but it's beginning not to feel like "home." This is very strange to me. I know it has a lot to do with the fact that I left my heart (and some of my favorite clothes) back in America. I know my time here is limited and that fact is starting to truly sink in...and I've only been back for 24 hours. Yow.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bethany!
    Glad you arrived safely!
    As I worked around the house today, I enjoyed listening to the CD you made for me....Thank you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bethany! i know we don't often actually talk but wanted to let you know I think of you often and try to deep up with your blog. Feeling/remembering all the transitional feelings with you. Glad you have this space to reflect as you get ready to move on to the "next thing" whatever that may be. Take care of yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy - so glad you like the music!

    Cat - Thank you so much; sometimes I think we know a lot more about each other via Jenny - she keeps us up to date on one another!

    ReplyDelete