| Fancy and frilly? No. Gluten and chocolate-free? Yes! |
| Mischievous Murray was the undoing of more than one bow this Christmas. |
- What if security checks take away something precious...like hand lotion or eye liner or my paperback novel?
- What if my cat is sad and misses me and decides to express his feelings by sharpening his claws on my student's purple sofa?
- What if there's another accident on the way to the airport and I miss my Lhasa flight again?
- What if I am stuck between two people with dog carriers again for 14 hours?
- What if there's a new rule about no hot-pink carry-on bags and I don't learn this until I get to customs and border protection?
- What if JFK is scary and frightening and gets another snowstorm?
- What if go to the bathroom early in the flight and then the seat-belt light gets turned on and when I come out of the bathroom the flight attendant yells at me to sit down and then spends the rest of the flight being angry at me when she really has no idea how much I love rules and love following them and was trying to return to my seat as quickly as possible?
All of yesterday's flights out of Lhasa were canceled due to dust storms. This makes my stomach sink. The blue skies today lift my stomach a little, but not by much.
I am praying about the whole thing and I'm sure everything will go okay, but crap happens to wonderful, God-fearing Christians all the time - much better people than me. There's no third book of Corinthians with affirmations about smooth airline travel. And yet, the turbulence has never bothered me. The thought of crashing is not so bad - yay Father, I'm coming home! It's the little logistics that the enemy uses to wear me down.
There's a small pill that I take a few times a year on travel days. I love that little pill...and I hate it. It makes me feel weak. Why can't I make it smoothly and successfully 8,000 miles around the world with simple faith in the One who will carry me through? What chemical imbalance is going on in my brain that I can't get away from that pill? Things are simply calmer and happier with the pill, and without it, they are not. I think I'll blame this chemical imbalance on the fall of man and entry of sin into the world. Thanks a lot Adam. Not only did you bring down the whole human race but now homeland security makes me want to vomit with nervousness. Praise the Father that he loves us so much that he sacrificed his Son for the whole fate of mankind issue, but in the meantime I am left wondering which airport scanners my belt buckle will set off.
Your Fourth of July gift wrappings look GREAT!!!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about hospitality... even though I'm comfortable and cozy in the States, I watch people who are successfully hospitable like a hawk, picking up any little unspoken tip I can and filing it away for future practice!
Hoping for safe, panic-free travels and good timing in the aircraft bathroom.... and we're looking forward to actually spending time with you!!!!!
Hmmm...Funny you should mention hospitality...My New Year's resolution (other than to allow God to order my days without me interfering)is to BE HOSPITABLE...to invite someone different to eat EVERY month....
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing you, Bethany!!