Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, December 6, 2010

Yesterday - December 6th

1. Forgot to turn heater back on before bed the previous night - wake up to a frozen nose in a 50F bedroom. Turn heater on and stay in bed for another 45 minutes to have room only warm up by 3 degrees.

2. Discover that shower head attachment is leaking where it attaches to the bathtub faucet, rendering shower head useless. Wash hair using a pink plastic cup to dump warm water over head.

3. Spend the morning typing a test. Spend the evening administering a test. Spend the night grading a test.

4. Receive a package slip in the mail. Squeals of excitement are followed by rooting around for my passport - necessary to pick up package from downtown post office.

5. Photocopies, class, enlightening minds on the difference between "A.M." and "P.M." all followed by a bicycle dash to pick up a small box packed with pepperonis and Reese's pieces - tastebuds are thrilled! 

6. Mid-afternoon, looking for lunch before afternoon study...open closet door to find that cat has dragged a canister of potato chips and a small ham into the closet. He was unsuccessful in opening the chips (although the cardboard can is covered in teeth punctures) but he did manage to unwrap the ham and I can only imagine has spent the last 24 hours licking it since there were no teeth marks.

7. Chase cat around house with a squirt bottle of water until "lesson has been learned."

8. Spend an hour and a half explaining the major differences between major world beliefs including why I am not Catholic.

9. Dinner at a Tibetan tea house - curried meat and potato on rice. Listen to a friend's reflections on the Shrek movies" "I like Donkey a lot! He reminds me of you...you talk just like him!"

10. Head to classroom and wrap in a blanket in an attempt at keeping warm while monitoring previously mentioned test. Wonder at what temperature ink will freeze in a pen.

11. Home again to a hot cup of chamomile mint teat courtesy of Mrs. B. whom I hope had a wonderful birthday! Thank you again for your generosity!

12. Close down house before bed....turn off lights, unplug Christmas tree and make sure fridge is safely locked to lower the occurrence of unwrapped meats on my closet floor.

Good night!

3 comments:

  1. I'm exhausted just reading this.
    PS - we cut the heat each night too. Woke up to 52 degree house this AM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have some tea with you and catch up. Soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! I'm guessing that was a GOOD night's sleep. I love the part about the cat, the ham, and the squirt bottle!

    Justin would never survive Tibet. He swears he's allergic to the cold.

    ReplyDelete